Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I'm Back!!!


Hey everyone. Just wanted to drop a note to tell you how my trip to Haiti was. It was amazing! I enjoyed very much getting to know the group of people I went with. All of us were adopting from the orphanage, so instead of working, we got to just play and bond with our little ones.

I also met some very fascinating people who are doing some incredible things for the people of Haiti. If you want to know more about this, corner me sometime, and I'd love to tell.

Now to our little girl. Her name is now Layla. The first night I met her was magical. She came to me right away and snuggled and loved me. It was an answer to many prayers, I can tell you. She got to stay with me the whole week, and every other minute, I was saying, "that's exactly what Malac does," or "that's exactly how my kids are." I know she was meant to be part of our family. I had many wonderful experiences with her and I miss her deeply.

As far as a timetable is concerned, it now might take longer than we thought because of some new procedures Haiti is doing. These have caused some backlog, but we've heard its getting faster. We are still hoping and praying for a quick process, but I know it will happen when the Lord wants it to. I am very comforted by the fact that she is in a wonderful place with people who love her dearly. It was a magnificent experience that I will not soon forget. If we don't get to pick her up before August, Morgan and I are going to go back to spend another week with her. I can't wait!

(p.s. the picture was taken when I first met her -- please remember I had been traveling for a day and a half, i.e. I look awful!)

1 comment:

amy said...

steph - you are getting your layla! i am so excited for you. congratulations and i will also pray that it all comes together quickly.