Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Aloha in Hawaii





We just returned from a wonderful trip to Maui! Denver, Anja, and I went along with Nikki and my mom and dad. We had a great time. Anja loved playing on the beach. We were able to play on the beach every morning. I am still washing sand out of her swim suits.

Being there brought back memories of when most of our family was there with Grandma. When we went to the 'Iao Valley, I remembered being there with Uncle George and the Wilkerson cousins. I couldn't remember being there, but as soon as we drove up to the parking lot, I immediately remembered Uncle George. Don't ask me why I specifically remember Uncle George, but I do.

Nikki and I also commented on the "falic stone," and how Andrea was the one to point out what that was to all of us. We were commenting on this trip to my mom how for some reason the Wilkersons knew about "certain things" before we did. The funny thing was that my mom had to ask us on this trip just what a falic stone was. We all had a chuckle about that.

We had so much fun. Anja is such a great traveler. She loved every minute we were there. None of us were too excited to leave.

I have also posted a short video of Anja playing in the waves at a beach just outside our condo. I have also put a couple comments on Andrea's posts - about Jackson, etc. I just wanted to make sure she reads them.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I just wanted to clarify why I was in Hawaii and not Brendan. You see, I get 4 weeks of vacation and Brendan only gets 2 . .so I figured I would have to go somewhere without him . . and why not Hawaii!!! It was a great time, made me miss Grandma!!